If I am unable to participate in the APPEL matching system can I choose, from the outset, to be assigned a student as it happens in the 2nd year matching process?

If you are unable to participate in the matching process and wish to be assigned to a student, please let the APPEL office know at the earliest possible opportunity.

After the matching process ends, if there are still available students whose preferences match your placement, we may contact you about assigning a student to you.